I am a Parent / Carer.

If you think your child is unhappy and you are worried about them, it can be difficult to talk to them. Especially when they don’t want to talk about their feelings with you. But there are ways in which we can offer support to your child, as well as advice for you, as a parent/carer.

If you can see that a friend or relative is struggling, then here’s some ideas about what you can do:

  • Talk to them about your worries – sometimes people aren’t aware of their struggles until they speak to someone else, or someone talks to them about it. Try and keep it factual, for example behavioural changes that you’ve noticed, or how they’re making you feel.

  • Encourage them to seek help – recognising that something has changed is a good first step, and then encouraging them to ask for help is the next step. Identifying some different options might help them see that they can get some help.

  • What options are there available for 10 – 25 year olds – OTR will see and meet with anyone and talk about anything. We offer a safe space that’s non-judgemental and free to access. We’ll work with you to find a way forward. There’s also a the option of calling our phoneline if attending a meeting feels too much or is difficult to arrange. If that feels too much, then your GP will always be available to speak to about any health concerns you have.


Hear my story - Jane Bloggs

Ex nam nusquam interesset, porro partem per id, ius ei inani altera. No debet ponderum recusabo nam, mei quodsi maiestatis at, ne inani verear voluptatibus sea. An vel vide ceteros tibique, pro quaeque omittam argumentum at, ea phaedrum singulis mea. Vix rebum repudiare theophrastus eu. Ad sit maiorum minimum.


Do you have any questions or feel you need some support?


Our related projects & services